When I am not able to plan a trip abroad, I love finding ways to explore home. Although I have been to New York City many times, I always discover new things. Here are some of my favorites:
The last time that I was in New York, I was visiting my friend Katie, and we decided to have our own little photo shoot on the Brooklyn Bridge.
Central Park is HUGE. There are so many things to see/ do in the park. One of my favorite places to visit is Strawberry Fields. No matter how many times you have been here, it always looks different. I love seeing the different flower designs each time I visit!
This is within Central Park. This is a great place to watch the boats go by, and have your own little photo shoot.
Charging Bull, Wall Street
I am not sure when bull balls became “good luck” but I made sure to rub them just in case.
Tiffany’s & Co.
The first time I explored New York with my friend Katie, I dragged her all across the city. Katie is a HUGE Audrey Hepburn fan, so I decided to surprise her with Breakfast at Tiffany’s. We started with breakfast at Ess-a-Bagel (which I would not let her eat yet), then I made her walk with me to 727 5th Ave. Of course this meant that, while eating breakfast, we also had our own little photo shoot.
Places to see
- High Line – I love walking along the High Line. It is a great break from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Strawberry Fields
- Statue of Libery
- Empire State Building
- Chelsea Market – this is such a cute place to explore and grab some food.
- Top of the Rock – a little pricey, but great view!
Places to Drink
- The Dead Rabbit
- O’Reilly’s Pub
- RARE View Rooftop Chelsea
- The Press Lounge – panoramic views of Midtown and the Manhattan skyline
- Met Roof Garden Cafe & Martini Bar – they have live performances on Friday & Saturday from 5–8 pm
- Rockwood Music Hall – Great place to grab some drinks, while listening to music
- Shrine – Again, another great place to listen to music while you grab some drinks
- The Bitter End – I saw my friend’s band perform here. I also met Gavin DeGraw here, so who knows, maybe you will run into some other awesome musicians!
- Brandy’s Piano Bar – This place was so much fun! The waitress and bartenders joined in too!
- 1 OAK – This place is super expensive. We are talking $$$$ on Yelp expensive. That being said, I had a lot of fun here.
Places to eat
- Patzeria Perfect Pizza
- Baked by Melissa – these are the cutest little cupcakes
- Artichoke Basille’s Pizza – Their artichoke pizza was AMAZING. I know it sounds so weird, but this pizza was seriously so good!
- Serafina – This is some darn delicious Italian food. Definitely worth a visit.
Like I said before, each time I visit the city, I always find something new. Check back every once in a while to see any new places I have added!